Monday, May 23, 2011

The sweet smell of success

It smells like antifreeze!

Success

The broken temperature sender has been defeated. A new Faria sender has been installed although I was doing the work very early Sunday morning while other people slept in, so I didn't get a chance to start up the Kubota to see if my temperature gauge is working again.

Fixing that made me feel better about life. We also have one boat cushion now uphostered and in the boat. More are in progress. We may be celebrating Memorial Day lounging on couches in the salon. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it is possible.

We stopped by the boaters flea market Sunday. I'm guessing all the good stuff was sold Saturday because it was pretty slim pickings. However, there was a beautiful maroon jib up for grabs. It was too big for the Starwind, but at $50, I figured it was enough of a bargain that having it cut and sewn into a 110 Genoa wouldn't be too expensive.

After the flea market, it was off to the Houston Art Car Parade. Since it's a daytime parade, I decided to use it as a chance to test my custom Leica X1 teleconverter. While, it gave me almost the perfect focal length, it did cause some distortion and vignetting at the corners of my photos. Then again, it gave them sort of a "look." I just can't decide if it's a "look" I like or not.

L1021581

As always, it was quite entertaining.

L1021636

See all the parade photos on flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ffacker/sets/72157626658792693/with/5750819963/
Post a Comment