Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RIP desktop

I knew the time was growing near. That's the entire reason I bought the Dell XPS laptop a few months ago. However, this weekend my desktop finally gave up the ghost. I can revive it for an hour or so before it starts perpetually rebooting itself, but then it suddenly can't detect any hard drives. I finally migrated iTunes and all my working photo files to the notebook last night. I can't decide if I'm going to disassemble and part out the tower or if I should spend the time and money to Frankenstein it back to life again. Thankfully I was prepared for this scenario, so the only sad part about losing the machine is that I was using it as a media box and BD player in the bedroom. Guess I'll just have to watch Blu-Rays in the living room.
Post a Comment