Monday, October 08, 2012

Remembering summer

Time flies when you're having fun. I was away from the marina for a month, and I went from being too hot to move in August to suddenly finding myself shivering this weekend as a cold front dropped us into the 50s Saturday night.

I had taken the Rolleicord out on the boat in either early August or late July and had never finished the roll, so last week I finally snapped that last shot and then developed the roll in Caffenol-C Sunday night.

With the instant gratification of digital I had forgotten what a time capsule a forgotten roll of film could be. Here's a couple shots I had time to scan this morning.

Music on the water

Music on the water

Never drink those skinny Corona cans with a kuzi. The condensation builds up in the kuzi and then pours all over you when you take a sip.

The Rolleicord is still impressing me, but I'm not sure what I did to the right edge of the negatives. Almost all of them have weird black dots.

Last year I got to keep sailing until Thanksgiving, but this weekend the water was already so low that I was plowing mud from the channel in the lake all the way to my slip. I'm not sure I'll be able to get out much longer. If that's the case, I definitely need a deeper marina.

Post a Comment