Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's cold and windy

Perhaps I jumped the gun in thinking that spring was here. It’s cold again. My camera sits unused, still holding the same roll of film I loaded in January when I arrived in Austin. It’s not even half exposed.




What to shoot this week?


Unlike digital, you can’t just change the ISO to easily move from shooting indoors to outdoors or from day to night. Nope, you’ve got to pick a film speed, load the roll, then just wait for it.



The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has begun, and I wish I had gotten some photos of the parade. However, I was participating in the Rodeo Run 5k, which preceded the parade. I decided jogging with a camera around my neck wasn’t the best decision. However, I did snap a photo of Mary’s otter, Gatsby, all dressed up for Go Texan Day. (What, you don’t dress your taxidermy up for holidays ?)



Go Texan Day


Saturday night I made it to the marina just in time to witness an absolutely spectacular sunset. The weather wasn’t too cold, but it was just cold enough to make your nose drip if you stood outside for more than three or four minutes.



Red sky at night, sailor's delight


The gusting winds shut down all outdoor activities at the Rodeo last night, and they haven’t slowed down. The temperature is also set to keep dropping all week with a possible freeze this weekend.



I’m supposed to lead our team’s first MS 150 training ride of the season Saturday morning. I’m not sure I’m looking forward to riding in 30-degree weather.

Post a Comment