Friday, April 19, 2013

I found my OUFRO

I know you mut have all been worried and just stewing over where it could have gone to for the past week. It was under the bed behind some clean laundry that had apparently fallen off the end of the bed and then got scooted under the bedskirt. I found the OUFRO along with the M - NEX adapter and the Nikon - NEX adapter. I'm back in the macro business. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to shoot anything all week.

However, we did go sailing on Gimme Shelter, the new boat, last weekend.

DSC03246

It's sooooo large and luxurious compared to the Seahorse. Thankfully, aside from being a challenge to dock, we had no trouble handling her under sail.

Kemah Cruising

Mary and I are very happy with the upgrade. The dogs don't seem to care one way or another.

DSC03267

You can check out the new blog for our sailing adventures at www.svgimmeshelter.blogspot.com

My entire week has been consumed by the MS 150, which takes place tomorrow and Sunday. It's my third year as team captain, but it's still not easy to get 100 riders and 50 volunteers organized and informed as to what they need to be doing. Plus, I'm riding this year, so I've been spending my evenings trying to get the last bit of training in -- not that it will really matter much. The furthest I've ridden is 25 miles. I have to do 100 Saturday and 83 Sunday. It's going to be two very, very long days.

On the bright side, through my impending misery I've raised $625 for the National MS Society, and our team looks like we'll break $50,000 before the weekend is over.

I've just got to survive the MS 150 and OTC, then it's finally time for a little vacation!
Post a Comment